Given a singly linked list. The task is to find the average of all nodes of the given singly linked list.
Input: 7->6->8->4->1 Output: 26 Average of nodes: (7 + 6 + 8 + 4 + 1 ) / 5 = 5.2 Input: 1->7->3->9->11->5 Output: 6
- Initialise a pointer ptr with the head of the linked list and a sum variable with 0.
- Start traversing the linked list using a loop until all the nodes get traversed.
- Add the value of current node to the sum i.e. sum += ptr -> data .
- Increment the pointer to the next node of linked list i.e. ptr = ptr ->next .
- Divide sum by total number of node and Return the average.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Average of nodes = 5.2
Time complexity : O(n)
Where n is equal to number of nodes.
- Find sum of even and odd nodes in a linked list
- Find the sum of last n nodes of the given Linked List
- Find the product of first k nodes of the given Linked List
- Find the product of last N nodes of the given Linked List
- Find the common nodes in two singly linked list
- Append odd position nodes in reverse at the end of even positioned nodes in a Linked List
- Splitting starting N nodes into new Circular Linked List while preserving the old nodes
- Construct a Maximum Sum Linked List out of two Sorted Linked Lists having some Common nodes
- Program to find size of Doubly Linked List
- Delete N nodes after M nodes of a linked list
- Python program to find middle of a linked list using one traversal
- Linked List Sum of Nodes Between 0s
- Linked List Product of Nodes Between 0s
- Sum of the alternate nodes of linked list
- Sum of the nodes of a Circular Linked List
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.