Given a singly linked list. The task is to find the average of all nodes of the given singly linked list.
Input: 7->6->8->4->1 Output: 26 Average of nodes: (7 + 6 + 8 + 4 + 1 ) / 5 = 5.2 Input: 1->7->3->9->11->5 Output: 6
- Initialise a pointer ptr with the head of the linked list and a sum variable with 0.
- Start traversing the linked list using a loop until all the nodes get traversed.
- Add the value of current node to the sum i.e. sum += ptr -> data .
- Increment the pointer to the next node of linked list i.e. ptr = ptr ->next .
- Divide sum by total number of node and Return the average.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Average of nodes = 5.2
Time complexity : O(n)
Where n is equal to number of nodes.
- Find sum of even and odd nodes in a linked list
- Find the sum of last n nodes of the given Linked List
- Find the product of last N nodes of the given Linked List
- Find the product of first k nodes of the given Linked List
- Find the common nodes in two singly linked list
- Append odd position nodes in reverse at the end of even positioned nodes in a Linked List
- Construct a Maximum Sum Linked List out of two Sorted Linked Lists having some Common nodes
- Delete N nodes after M nodes of a linked list
- Program to find size of Doubly Linked List
- Python program to find middle of a linked list using one traversal
- Linked List Sum of Nodes Between 0s
- Sum of the nodes of a Singly Linked List
- Sum of the nodes of a Circular Linked List
- Sum of the alternate nodes of linked list
- Sum of all distinct nodes in a linked list
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : VishalBachchas