Given the dimension of the matrix R(rows) * C(column) the task is to find which type of matrix is representing by the given dimension.
Input : R = 1 C = 0 Output : Row Matrix Input : R = 4 C = 5 Output : Horizontal Matrix
- Row Matrix : When R = 1 and C = 0 then the matrix represent Row Matrix .
- Column Matrix : When C = 1 and R = 0 then the matrix represent Column Matrix.
- Horizontal Matrix : A Matrix in which number of rows is smaller than the number of column is called Horizontal Matrix (R < C) .
- Vertical Matrix : A Matrix in which number of rows is greater than the number of column is called Horizontal Matrix (R > C).
- Square Matrix : A matrix in which number of rows is equal to number of column is called Square Matrix (R = C).
Row Matrix Column Matrix Horizontal Matrix Vertical Matrix Square Matrix
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between fundamental data types and derived data types
- Program to check diagonal matrix and scalar matrix
- Program to check if a matrix is Binary matrix or not
- Program to convert given Matrix to a Diagonal Matrix
- C++ program to Convert a Matrix to Sparse Matrix
- Find trace of matrix formed by adding Row-major and Column-major order of same matrix
- Ways of filling matrix such that product of all rows and all columns are equal to unity
- Given an n x n square matrix, find sum of all sub-squares of size k x k
- Find a common element in all rows of a given row-wise sorted matrix
- Find sum of all elements in a matrix except the elements in row and/or column of given cell?
- Given a Boolean Matrix, find k such that all elements in k'th row are 0 and k'th column are 1.
- Find size of the largest '+' formed by all ones in a binary matrix
- Find all permuted rows of a given row in a matrix
- Find distinct elements common to all rows of a matrix
- Find sum of all Boundary and Diagonal element of a Matrix
- Find minimum moves to bring all elements in one cell of a matrix
- Find all matrix elements which are minimum in their row and maximum in their column
- Program to find Normal and Trace of a matrix
- Program to find transpose of a matrix
- Program to find the maximum element in a Matrix
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.