e^x = 1 + x/1! + x^2/2! + x^3/3! + ......
How to efficiently calculate the sum of above series?
The series can be re-written as
e^x = 1 + (x/1) (1 + (x/2) (1 + (x/3) (........) ) )
Let the sum needs to be calculated for n terms, we can calculate sum using following loop.
for (i = n - 1, sum = 1; i > 0; --i ) sum = 1 + x * sum / i;
Following is implementation of the above idea.
e^x = 2.718282
This article is compiled by Rahul and reviewed by GeeksforGeeks team. Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Write an Efficient C Program to Reverse Bits of a Number
- Efficient program to print all prime factors of a given number
- Efficient Program to Compute Sum of Series 1/1! + 1/2! + 1/3! + 1/4! + .. + 1/n!
- Efficient program to print the number of factors of n numbers
- Efficient way to multiply with 7
- Write an Efficient Method to Check if a Number is Multiple of 3
- Space and time efficient Binomial Coefficient
- An efficient way to check whether n-th Fibonacci number is multiple of 10
- Space efficient iterative method to Fibonacci number
- Check if a given number is Pronic | Efficient Approach
- C program to calculate the value of nPr
- Program to calculate the value of sin(x) and cos(x) using Expansion
- Program to calculate the number of odd days in given number of years
- Program to calculate distance between two points
- Program to calculate area and volume of a Tetrahedron
- Program to calculate value of nCr
- Program to calculate Area Of Octagon
- Program to calculate GST from original and net prices
- Program to calculate Percentile of a student based on rank
- Program to calculate the Surface Area of a Triangular Prism