Given an undirected graph g, the task is to print the number of connected components in the graph.
There are three connected components:
1 – 5, 0 – 2 – 4 and 3
Approach: The idea is to use a variable count to store the number of connected components and do the following steps:
- Initialize all vertices as unvisited.
- For all the vertices check if a vertex has not been visited, then perform DFS on that vertex and increment the variable count by 1.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Convert undirected connected graph to strongly connected directed graph
- Count of unique lengths of connected components for an undirected graph using STL
- Maximum number of edges among all connected components of an undirected graph
- Connected Components in an undirected graph
- Sum of the minimum elements in all connected components of an undirected graph
- Clone an undirected graph with multiple connected components
- Largest subarray sum of all connected components in undirected graph
- Maximum sum of values of nodes among all connected components of an undirected graph
- Number of single cycle components in an undirected graph
- Maximum number of edges to be removed to contain exactly K connected components in the Graph
- Maximum decimal equivalent possible among all connected components of a Binary Valued Graph
- Octal equivalents of connected components in Binary valued graph
- Cycles of length n in an undirected and connected graph
- Kth largest node among all directly connected nodes to the given node in an undirected graph
- Check if longest connected component forms a palindrome in undirected graph
- Queries to check if vertices X and Y are in the same Connected Component of an Undirected Graph
- Queries to count connected components after removal of a vertex from a Tree
- Number of connected components in a 2-D matrix of strings
- Check if the length of all connected components is a Fibonacci number
- Convert the undirected graph into directed graph such that there is no path of length greater than 1
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.