Given an undirected graph g, the task is to print the number of connected components in the graph.
There are three connected components:
1 – 5, 0 – 2 – 4 and 3
Approach: The idea is to use a variable count to store the number of connected components and do the following steps:
- Initialize all vertices as unvisited.
- For all the vertices check if a vertex has not been visited, then perform DFS on that vertex and increment the variable count by 1.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Convert undirected connected graph to strongly connected directed graph
- Count of unique lengths of connected components for an undirected graph using STL
- Maximum number of edges among all connected components of an undirected graph
- Connected Components in an undirected graph
- Sum of the minimum elements in all connected components of an undirected graph
- Clone an undirected graph with multiple connected components
- Maximum sum of values of nodes among all connected components of an undirected graph
- Largest subarray sum of all connected components in undirected graph
- Maximum number of edges to be removed to contain exactly K connected components in the Graph
- Number of single cycle components in an undirected graph
- Octal equivalents of connected components in Binary valued graph
- Maximum decimal equivalent possible among all connected components of a Binary Valued Graph
- Cycles of length n in an undirected and connected graph
- Kth largest node among all directly connected nodes to the given node in an undirected graph
- Check if longest connected component forms a palindrome in undirected graph
- Queries to check if vertices X and Y are in the same Connected Component of an Undirected Graph
- Queries to count connected components after removal of a vertex from a Tree
- Number of connected components in a 2-D matrix of strings
- Check if the length of all connected components is a Fibonacci number
- Strongly Connected Components
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : alfiskaria