Given milliseconds. The task is to write a program in Java to convert Milliseconds to a Date which Displays the date in dd MMM yyyy HH:mm:ss:SSS Z format.
The Date class in Java internally stores Date in milliseconds. So any date is the number of milliseconds passed since January 1, 1970, 00:00:00 GMT and the Date class provides a constructor which can be used to create Date from milliseconds.
The SimpleDateFormat class helps in formatting and parsing of data. We can change the date from one format to other. It allows the user to interpret string date format into a Date object. We can modify Date accordingly.
Constructors of SimpleDateFormat:
- SimpleDateFormat(String pattern_arg) : Constructs a Simple Date Format using the given pattern – pattern_arg, default date format symbols for the default FORMAT locale.
- SimpleDateFormat(String pattern_arg, Locale locale_arg) : Constructs a Simple Date Format using the given pattern – pattern_arg, default date format symbols for the given FORMAT Locale – locale_arg.
- SimpleDateFormat(String pattern_arg, DateFormatSymbols formatSymbols) : Constructs a SimpleDateFormat using the given pattern – pattern_arg and date format symbols.
Below is the program to convert milliseconds to a Date Format in Java:
01 Jan 1970 00:00:03:010 +0000
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important Java and Collections concepts with the Fundamentals of Java and Java Collections Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Java | Date format validation using Regex
- DateFormat format(Date obj) method in Java
- Python program to convert time from 12 hour to 24 hour format
- Program to convert time from 12 hour to 24 hour format
- Date after adding given number of days to the given date
- Convert time from 24 hour clock to 12 hour clock format
- Convert Unix timestamp to DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM:SS format
- Convert String to Date in Java
- How to convert Date to String in Java
- Convert timestamp to readable date/time in PHP
- Java Program to Get Last Modification Date of a File
- Compressing and Decompressing files using GZIP Format in java
- Java String format() with examples
- LocalDateTime format() method in Java
- Format Specifiers in Java
- Year format() method in Java with Examples
- LocalDate format() method in Java
- YearMonth format() method in Java
- LocalTime format() method in Java with Examples
- MonthDay format() method in Java with Examples
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.