Given Number of Kilobytes. The task is to Convert them into Bytes and Bits.
Bit: A Bit is the basic unit in computer information and has only two different values, normally defined as a 0 or 1. These values can be interpreted as on or off, yes or no, true or false, etc. It just depends on the binary code.
Add 1 bit, double the number of patterns.
1 bit – 2 patterns i.e 0 and 1
2 bits – 4 patterns i.e 00, 01, 10, 11
3 bits – 8 patterns i.e 000, 001, 010, 011, 100, 101, 110, 111
Mathematically: n bits yields 2n patterns.
Bytes: A Byte is just 8 Bits and is the smallest unit of memory that can be addressed in many computer systems.
Important points about Bytes:
- One byte can store one character, e.g. ‘A’ or ‘x’ or ‘$’ etc.
- 1 byte i.e 8 bits can make 256 different patterns.
- One byte can hold a number between 0 and 255.
- Different Form:-
- Kilobyte, KB, about 1 thousand bytes.
- Megabyte, MB, about 1 million bytes.
- Gigabyte, GB, about 1 billion bytes.
- Terabyte, TB, about 1 trillion bytes
Input: kilobytes = 1 Output: 1 Kilobytes = 1024 Bytes and 8192 Bits. Input: kilobytes = 8 Output: 8 Kilobytes = 8192 Bytes and 65536 Bits.
Below is the program to convert KilloBytes to Bytes and Bits:
1 Kilobytes = 1024 Bytes and 8192 Bits.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Reverse bytes of a Hexadecimal Number
- Understanding file sizes | Bytes, KB, MB, GB, TB, PB, EB, ZB, YB
- Write an Efficient C Program to Reverse Bits of a Number
- Count pairs (A, B) such that A has X and B has Y number of set bits and A+B = C
- Find a number X such that (X XOR A) is minimum and the count of set bits in X and B are equal
- Program to Convert Km/hr to miles/hr and vice versa
- Program to convert given number of days in terms of Years, Weeks and Days
- Program to convert Centimeter to Feet and Inches
- Program to convert speed in km/hr to m/sec and vice versa
- Program to convert centimeter into meter and kilometer
- Check if a number has same number of set and unset bits
- Count of numbers whose 0th and Nth bits are set
- Find all even length binary sequences with same sum of first and second half bits | Iterative
- Count set bits in the Kth number after segregating even and odd from N natural numbers
- Minimum integer with at most K bits set such that their bitwise AND with N is maximum
- Program to convert a given number to words
- Program to convert a given number to words | Set 2
- Python program to convert time from 12 hour to 24 hour format
- Program to Convert Radian to Degree
- Python Program to convert Kilometers to Miles
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.