Given Number of Kilobytes. The task is to Convert them into Bytes and Bits.
Bit: A Bit is the basic unit in computer information and has only two different values, normally defined as a 0 or 1. These values can be interpreted as on or off, yes or no, true or false, etc. It just depends on the binary code.
Add 1 bit, double the number of patterns.
1 bit – 2 patterns i.e 0 and 1
2 bits – 4 patterns i.e 00, 01, 10, 11
3 bits – 8 patterns i.e 000, 001, 010, 011, 100, 101, 110, 111
Mathematically: n bits yields 2n patterns.
Bytes: A Byte is just 8 Bits and is the smallest unit of memory that can be addressed in many computer systems.
Important points about Bytes:
- One byte can store one character, e.g. ‘A’ or ‘x’ or ‘$’ etc.
- 1 byte i.e 8 bits can make 256 different patterns.
- One byte can hold a number between 0 and 255.
- Different Form:-
- Kilobyte, KB, about 1 thousand bytes.
- Megabyte, MB, about 1 million bytes.
- Gigabyte, GB, about 1 billion bytes.
- Terabyte, TB, about 1 trillion bytes
Input: kilobytes = 1 Output: 1 Kilobytes = 1024 Bytes and 8192 Bits. Input: kilobytes = 8 Output: 8 Kilobytes = 8192 Bytes and 65536 Bits.
Below is the program to convert KilloBytes to Bytes and Bits:
1 Kilobytes = 1024 Bytes and 8192 Bits.
- Write an Efficient C Program to Reverse Bits of a Number
- Program to Convert Radian to Degree
- Program to convert a given number to words
- Program to convert a given number to words | Set 2
- Program to Convert Km/hr to miles/hr and vice versa
- Program to Convert Hexadecimal Number to Binary
- Python Program to convert Kilometers to Miles
- Program to convert Centimeter to Feet and Inches
- Program to convert speed in km/hr to m/sec and vice versa
- Program to convert centimeter into meter and kilometer
- Program to convert temperature from degree Celsius to Kelvin
- Understanding file sizes | Bytes, KB, MB, GB, TB, PB, EB, ZB, YB
- Reverse bytes of a Hexadecimal Number
- Program to convert given number of days in terms of Years, Weeks and Days
- Python program to convert time from 12 hour to 24 hour format
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.