Program to check if a String in Java contains only whitespaces
Given a string str, the task is to check if this string contains only whitespaces or some text, in Java.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course.
Input: str = " " Output: True Input: str = "GFG" Output: False
- Get the String to be checked in str
- We can use the trim() method of String class to remove the leading whitespaces in the string.
- Then we can use the isEmpty() method of String class to check if the resultant string is empty or not. If the string contained only whitespaces, then this method will return true
- Combine the use of both methods using Method Chaining.
- Print true if the above condition is true. Else print false.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Is string [GeeksforGeeks] only whitespaces? false Is string [ ] only whitespaces? true