Given the number of vertices N of a graph. The task is to determine the Edge cover.
Edge Cover: Minimum number of edge required to cover all vertex is known as Edge Cover.
Input : N = 5 Output : 3 Input : N = 4 Output : 2
Example 1: For N = 5 vertices,
Edge Cover is: 3 (Choosing the edges marked in Red, all of the vertices will get covered)
Example 2: For N = 8 vertices,
Edge Cover is: 4 (Choosing the edges marked in Red, all of the vertices will get covered)
Edge Cover = ceil (no. of vertices / 2)
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Edge Coloring of a Graph
- Finding minimum vertex cover size of a graph using binary search
- Check if removing a given edge disconnects a graph
- Find weight of MST in a complete graph with edge-weights either 0 or 1
- Maximize number of nodes which are not part of any edge in a Graph
- Add and Remove Edge in Adjacency List representation of a Graph
- Shortest Path in a weighted Graph where weight of an edge is 1 or 2
- Tree, Back, Edge and Cross Edges in DFS of Graph
- Maximum cost path in an Undirected Graph such that no edge is visited twice in a row
- Find the maximum component size after addition of each edge to the graph
- Maximum Possible Edge Disjoint Spanning Tree From a Complete Graph
- Calculate number of nodes between two vertices in an acyclic Graph by Disjoint Union method
- Program to calculate value of nCr
- Program to calculate age
- Program to calculate the value of sin(x) and cos(x) using Expansion
- Program to calculate GST from original and net prices
- Program to calculate volume of Ellipsoid
- Program to Calculate the Perimeter of a Decagon
- Program to calculate distance between two points
- Program to calculate Percentile of Students
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.