Given the side of a square. The task is to find the area of an inscribed circle in a square.
Input : a = 8 Output : Area of an inscribed circle: 50.24 Input : a = 12.04 Output : Area of an inscribed circle: 113.795
Given a square i.e. all sides of a square are of equal length and all four angles are 90 degrees. Below diagram depicts an inscribed circle in a square.
Properties of an inscribed circle in a square:
- The diameter of an inscribed circle in a square is equal to the length of the side of a square.
- With at least one measure of the circle or the square, the area and the perimeter of the square can be calculated in which the circle is inscribed.
- The center of the square and the center of the circle lie at a same point.
- when at least one measure of the circle or the square is given, the circumference and area of the circle can be calculated.
- Area of a square inscribed in a circle which is inscribed in an equilateral triangle
- Area of a square inscribed in a circle which is inscribed in a hexagon
- Area of the circle that has a square and a circle inscribed in it
- Area of a circle inscribed in a rectangle which is inscribed in a semicircle
- Area of circle inscribed within rhombus
- Area of decagon inscribed within the circle
- Area of largest Circle that can be inscribed in a SemiCircle
- Area of a circle inscribed in a regular hexagon
- Area of circle which is inscribed in equilateral triangle
- Area of Equilateral triangle inscribed in a Circle of radius R
- Find the area of largest circle inscribed in ellipse
- Biggest Reuleaux Triangle within a Square which is inscribed within a Circle
- Area of the Largest square that can be inscribed in an ellipse
- Area of a Circumscribed Circle of a Square
- Area of square Circumscribed by Circle
Formula to find the area of an inscribed circle:
where a is the side of a square in which a circle is inscribed.
How does the formula works?
Assume a is the side of a square and we know that a square has 4 sides.
Area of a circle =
where r is the radius of a circle and area of a square = a2
Therefore, the area of an inscribed circle in a square =
Now, put r = a / 2
So, the area of an inscribed circle in a square =
Area of an inscribed circle:50.24
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : vt_m