Given the edge of the dodecahedron calculate its surface area. Surface area is the amount of space that all the faces of the shape takes up.
Input : 3 Output : 185.812 Input : 7 Output : 1011.64
A dodecahedron is a 3-dimensional figure made up of 12 faces, or flat sides. All of the faces are pentagons of the same size.The word ‘dodecahedron’ comes from the Greek words dodeca (‘twelve’) and hedron (‘faces’). Every shape has properties and characteristics.So has dodecahedron
- 12 equal pentagonal faces
- 20 vertices
- 30 edges
where pentagon is a 2-dimensional shape with 5 straight sides and 5 vertices. So, a dodecahedron has 12 of these flat, equal pentagonal faces.So one can think dodecahedron as a 12 faced dice(Usually not seen) but can be in a Battleball board game.
Surface area of dodecahedron = 185.812
- Calculate Volume, Curved Surface Area and Total Surface Area Of Cylinder
- Program for Surface Area of Octahedron
- Program for Volume and Surface Area of Cuboid
- Program for Volume and Surface Area of Cube
- Program to find the surface area of the square pyramid
- Program for Volume and Surface area of Frustum of Cone
- Program to calculate Volume and Surface area of Hemisphere
- Program to find volume and surface area of pentagonal prism
- Find the Surface area of a 3D figure
- Surface Area and Volume of Hexagonal Prism
- Calculate volume and surface area of a cone
- Calculate Volume and Surface area Of Sphere
- Calculate volume and surface area of Torus
- Calculate Volume of Dodecahedron
- Python Program for Program to calculate area of a Tetrahedron
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : vt_m