Write a function rotate(arr, d, n) that rotates arr of size n by d elements.
Input : arr = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7] d = 2 Output : arr = [3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 1, 2]
Rotation of the above array by 2 will make array
The first 3 methods to rotate an array by d elements has been discussed in this post.
Method 4 (The Reversal Algorithm) :
rotate(arr, d, n) reverse(arr, 1, d) ; reverse(arr, d + 1, n); reverse(arr, 1, n);
Let AB are the two parts of the input array where A = arr[0..d-1] and B = arr[d..n-1]. The idea of the algorithm is :
- Reverse A to get ArB, where Ar is reverse of A.
- Reverse B to get ArBr, where Br is reverse of B.
- Reverse all to get (ArBr) r = BA.
Let the array be arr = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7], d =2 and n = 7
A = [1, 2] and B = [3, 4, 5, 6, 7]
- Reverse A, we get ArB = [2, 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7]
- Reverse B, we get ArBr = [2, 1, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3]
- Reverse all, we get (ArBr)r = [3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 1, 2]
Below is the implementation of the above approach :
3 4 5 6 7 1 2
Time Complexity : O(n)
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Reversal algorithm for right rotation of an array
- C Program for Reversal algorithm for array rotation
- Java Program for Reversal algorithm for array rotation
- Left Rotation and Right Rotation of a String
- Block swap algorithm for array rotation
- Program for array rotation
- Find the Rotation Count in Rotated Sorted array
- Left rotation of an array using vectors in C++
- Circular rotation of an array using deque in C++
- Print left rotation of array in O(n) time and O(1) space
- Sorting possible using size 3 subarray rotation
- Lexicographically minimum string rotation | Set 1
- Find a rotation with maximum hamming distance
- Queries for rotation and Kth character of the given string in constant time
- Clockwise rotation of Linked List
- Maximize count of corresponding same elements in given Arrays by Rotation
- Longest subsequence of a number having same left and right rotation
- Minimize characters to be changed to make the left and right rotation of a string same
- Find starting index for every occurrence of given array B in array A using Z-Algorithm
- Median of an unsorted array using Quick Select Algorithm