Write a program to determine the focal length of a spherical mirror.
Focal length is the distance between the center of the mirror to the principal foci. In order to determine the focal length of a spherical mirror we should know the radius of curvature of that mirror. The distance from the vertex to the center of curvature is called radius of curvature.
The focal length is half the radius of curvature.
F = ( R / 2 ) for concave mirror F = - ( R / 2 ) for convex mirror
For a convex mirror Input : R = 30 Output : F = 15 For a convex mirror Input : R = 25 Output : F = - 12.5
Focal length of spherical concave mirror is 15 units Focal length of spherical convex mirror is -15 units
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Program for focal length of a lens
- Program to determine the quadrant of the cartesian plane
- Program to determine the octant of the axial plane
- Program to determine the Quadrant of a Complex number
- Program for triangular pattern (mirror image around 0)
- Program to print mirror image of Swastika Pattern
- Program to Print Mirror Image of Sine-Wave Pattern
- Determine whether a given number is a Hyperperfect Number
- Determine the count of Leaf nodes in an N-ary tree
- Determine the number of squares of unit area that a given line will pass through.
- Determine the position of the third person on regular N sided polygon
- Determine whether the given integer N is a Peculiar Number or not
- Determine winner of the Game by arranging balls in a row
- Check if mirror image of a number is same if displayed in seven segment display
- Mirror of a point through a 3 D plane
- Check if the given array is mirror-inverse
- Program to find Length of Bridge using Speed and Length of Train
- Length of the chord the circle if length of the another chord which is equally inclined through the diameter is given
- Number of ways to cut a stick of length N into in even length at most K units long pieces
- Construct a string of length L such that each substring of length X has exactly Y distinct letters
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.