Given a polynomial as string and a value. Evaluate polynomial’s derivative for the given value.
Note: The input format is such that there is a whitespace between a term and the ‘+’ symbol
The derivative of p(x) = ax^n is p'(x) = a*n*x^(n-1)
Also, if p(x) = p1(x) + p2(x)
Here p1 and p2 are polynomials too
p'(x) = p1′(x) + p2′(x)
Input : 3x^3 + 4x^2 + 6x^1 + 89x^0 2 Output :58 Explanation : Derivative of given polynomial is : 9x^2 + 8x^1 + 6 Now put x = 2 9*4 + 8*2 + 6 = 36 + 16 + 6 = 58 Input : 1x^3 3 Output : 27
We split the input string into tokens and for each term calculate the derivative separately for each term and add them to get the result.
This article is contributed by Ankit Jain . If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Sgn value of a polynomial
- Minimize the sum of roots of a given polynomial
- Complete the sequence generated by a polynomial
- Finding nth term of any Polynomial Sequence
- Horner's Method for Polynomial Evaluation
- Program for sum of cos(x) series
- Program for n-th even number
- Program for n-th odd number
- Program to find sum of 1 + x/2! + x^2/3! +...+x^n/(n+1)!
- Program to add two polynomials
- C program to calculate the value of nPr
- Program to add two fractions
- Program to compare m^n and n^m
- Program to calculate value of nCr
- Program to find the value of sin(nΘ)