Given the dimensions of cylindrical water tank, spherical solid balls and the amount of water present in the tank check if water tank will overflow when balls are dipped in the water tank.
input : H = 10, r = 5 h = 5 N = 2, R = 2 output : Not in overflow state Explanation : water tank capacity = 3.14 * r * r * H = 3.14 * 5 * 5 * 10 = 785 volume of water in tank = 3.14 * r * r * h = 3.14 * 5 * 5 * 5 = 392.5 Volume of balls = N * (4/3) * 3.14 * R * R * R = 2 * (4/3) * 3.14 * 2 * 2 * 2 = 67.02 Total volume of water + dip balls = 392.5 + 67.02 = 459.52 Total volume (459.02) < tank capacity (785) So, there is no overflow in tank input : H = 5, r = 3 h = 3 N = 3, R = 2 output : Overflow Explanation: water tank capacity = 3.14 * r * r * H = 3.14 * 3 * 3 * 5 = 141.3 volume of water in tank = 3.14 * r * r * h = 3.14 * 3 * 3 * 3 = 84.78 volume of balls = N * (4/3) * 3.14 * R * R * R = 3 * (4/3) * 3.14 * 2 * 2 * 2 = 100.48 Total volume of water + dip balls = 84.78 + 100.48 = 185.26 Total volume (185.26) > tank capacity (141.3) So, tank will overflow
When solid balls are dipped in water, level of water increases, hence volume of water will also increase.
Increasing in water volume = Total volume of dip balls
Volume of Cylinder = 3.14 * r * r * h
where: r: radius of tank
h: height of tank
Number of balls are n
Balls have shape of Sphere
Volume of Sphere = (4/3) * 3.14 * R * R * R
Where R: Sphere’s(solid ball) radius
After dipping all balls, if the total volume of water and all balls is less than or equal to the total volume of tank capacity then there will no overflow in tank, otherwise there will be overflow.
Below is the implementation of above approach:
Not in overflow state
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Find ways to arrange K green balls among N balls such that exactly i moves is needed to collect all K green balls
- Ways to arrange Balls such that adjacent balls are of different types
- Find amount of water wasted after filling the tank
- Program to check if tank will overflow, underflow or filled in given time
- Mathematics | Area of the surface of solid of revolution
- Ways to choose balls such that at least one ball is chosen
- Find total no of collisions taking place between the balls in which initial direction of each ball is given
- Two Balls Reachability Game
- Determine winner of the Game by arranging balls in a row
- Program to find amount of water in a given glass
- Measure one litre using two vessels and infinite water supply
- Measuring 6L water from 4L and 9L buckets
- Container with Most Water
- Maximize count of empty water bottles from N filled bottles
- Find the maximum angle at which we can tilt the bottle without spilling any water
- Minimum sprinklers required to water a rectangular park
- Program to check if a date is valid or not
- Program to check Strong Number
- Program to check if a given number is Lucky (all digits are different)
- Program to check if three points are collinear
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : jit_t