Program to check if a number is Positive, Negative, Odd, Even, Zero
Prerequisite : Loops in Python
To check whether a number is positive, negative, odd, even or zero. This problem is solved using if…elif…else and nested if…else statement.
Attention reader! All those who say programming isn't for kids, just haven't met the right mentors yet. Join the Demo Class for First Step to Coding Course, specifically designed for students of class 8 to 12.
The students will get to learn more about the world of programming in these free classes which will definitely help them in making a wise career choice in the future.
- A number is positive if it is greater than zero. We check this in the expression of if.
- If it is False, the number will either be zero or negative.
- This is also tested in subsequent expression.
- In case of odd and even A number is even if it is perfectly divisible by 2.
- When the number is divided by 2, we use the remainder operator % to compute the remainder.
- If the remainder is not zero, the number is odd.
Input : 10 Output : Positive number 10 is Even
Input : 0 Output : 0 is Even
Output: Positive number 10 is Even
Output: Positive number 20 is Even