Program to check if a number is Positive, Negative, Odd, Even, Zero
Prerequisite : Loops in Python To check whether a number is positive, negative, odd, even or zero. This problem is solved using if…elif…else and nested if…else statement.
- A number is positive if it is greater than zero. We check this in the expression of if.
- If it is False, the number will either be zero or negative.
- This is also tested in subsequent expression.
- In case of odd and even A number is even if it is perfectly divisible by 2.
- When the number is divided by 2, we use the remainder operator % to compute the remainder.
- If the remainder is not zero, the number is odd.
Input : 10 Output : Positive number 10 is Even
Input : 0 Output : 0 is Even
Output: Positive number 10 is Even
Output: Positive number 20 is Even