Prerequisite : Loops in Python
To check whether a number is positive, negative, odd, even or zero. This problem is solved using if…elif…else and nested if…else statement.
- A number is positive if it is greater than zero. We check this in the expression of if.
- If it is False, the number will either be zero or negative.
- This is also tested in subsequent expression.
- In case of odd and even A number is even if it is perfectly divisible by 2.
- When the number is divided by 2, we use the remainder operator % to compute the remainder.
- If the remainder is not zero, the number is odd.
Input : 10 Output : Positive number 10 is Even
Input : 0 Output : 0 is Even
Output: Positive number 10 is Even
Output: Positive number 20 is Even
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course. And to begin with your Machine Learning Journey, join the Machine Learning – Basic Level Course