Given the side of the Octahedron then calculate the volume of Octahedron.
Input : 3 Output : 12.7279 Input : 7 Output : 161.692
A regular Octahedron has eight faces,twelve edges and six vertices. It has eight triangles with edges of equal length and effectively two square pyramids meeting at their bases.
Image Source : Wikimedia
Properties of Octahedron:
Number of faces: 8
Number of edges: 12
Number of vertices: 6
Volume = √2/3 × a3 where a is the side of Octahedron
Volume of octahedron = 12.7279
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Program to calculate volume of Ellipsoid
- Program to calculate area and volume of a Tetrahedron
- Program to calculate Volume and Surface area of Hemisphere
- Calculate Volume of Dodecahedron
- Program for Surface Area of Octahedron
- Calculate volume and surface area of a cone
- Calculate Volume and Surface area Of Sphere
- Calculate volume and surface area of Torus
- Program for volume of Pyramid
- Calculate Volume, Curved Surface Area and Total Surface Area Of Cylinder
- Program for Volume and Surface Area of Cube
- Program for Volume and Surface Area of Cuboid
- Program to find the Volume of an irregular tetrahedron
- Program to find the Volume of a Triangular Prism
- Program to find the Area and Volume of Icosahedron
- Program for Volume and Surface area of Frustum of Cone
- Python Program for Program to calculate area of a Tetrahedron
- Java Program for Program to calculate area of a Tetrahedron
- Program to find Surface Area and Volume of Octagonal Prism
- Program to find volume and surface area of pentagonal prism
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : vt_m