Process control instructions are the instructions which control the processor’s action by setting(1) or resetting(0) the values of flag registers.
Following is the table showing the list of process control instructions:
|STC||none||sets carry flag to 1||STC|
|CLC||none||resets carry flag to 0||CLC|
|CMC||none||compliments the carry flag||CMC|
|STD||none||sets directional flag to 1||STD|
|CLD||none||resets directional flag to 0||CLD|
|STI||none||sets the interrupt flag to 1||STI|
|CLI||none||resets the interrupt flag to 0||CLI|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Arithmetic instructions in 8086 microprocessor
- Logical instructions in 8086 microprocessor
- Data transfer instructions in 8086 microprocessor
- String manipulation instructions in 8086 microprocessor
- Program execution transfer instructions in 8086 microprocessor
- Machine Control Instructions in Microprocessor
- Arithmetic instructions in 8085 microprocessor
- Logical instructions in 8085 microprocessor
- Data transfer instructions in 8085 microprocessor
- Branching instructions in 8085 microprocessor
- Difference between SIM and RIM instructions in 8085 microprocessor
- 8086 program to transfer a block of 4 bytes by using string instructions
- Flag register of 8086 microprocessor
- Reset Accumulator (8085 & 8086 microprocessor)
- Memory Segmentation in 8086 Microprocessor
- Differences between 8085 and 8086 microprocessor
- Addressing modes in 8086 microprocessor
- Pin diagram of 8086 microprocessor
- Interrupts in 8086 microprocessor
- Bus Cycles of 8086 Microprocessor
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.