Problem of The Day – Develop the Habit of Coding
Do you find it difficult to develop a habit of Coding? If yes, then we have a most effective solution for you – all you geeks need to do is solve one programming problem each day without any break, and BOOM, the results will surprise you! Let us tell you how:
Suppose you commit to improve yourself and get better 0.1% every day for one year (very much realistic goal it is!). Now, as per the calculations – 1.01^365 = 37.78, you will actually end up being 37 times better compared to your present state by taking such small steps. This is the power of Consistency!!
If we relate it to the career goals – when you solve just a single programming problem each day for 1 year consistently then by the end of the year, you’d have solved around 365 Problems!!! Even you can say it like you would have solved a majority of the programming problems that are often asked in the interviews of tech giants – Isn’t it something great…??
And don’t worry, we’re not only providing you with this guidance or motivation – but we are having the required platform and resources as well for you that will surely help you to keep your motivation levels always up. We are talking about the GeeksforGeeks ‘Problem Of The Day’ challenge where you will develop the habit of coding and become a better & consistent coder by solving 1 problem based on Data Structures and Algorithms every day and stand a chance to win exciting prizes too.
The questions will cover different topics based on Data Structures and Algorithms and you will have 24 hours to channel your inner Geek and solve the challenge. It would be like:
Each Day You Code == Great Rewards
And now when the name of ‘REWARDS’ has come, let us tell you the prizes at ‘Problem Of The Day’ include:
- Discount on GFG Courses
- GFG Merchandise
- Amazon Gift Voucher
- Annual GFG Premium Subscription
All the details and instructions to get ahead with the ‘Problem Of The Day’ challenge are provided below:
- The questions will be featured from a pool of public problems from the GFG Practice Portal.
- If you are a frequent user of our Practice Portal, you may have already solved the featured Problem of the Day in the past. In that case, you must submit your solution again to maintain the streak and earn a Geek Bit.
- Only the questions given by us each day will be considered valid for earning Geek Bits. Any record of your previous submissions or the number of questions answered in the past will not be considered.
- The questions will range across varying difficulties and DSA topics.
- Each submission will be tested on our critical test data. Only a fully submitted solution will be considered for a Geek Bit.
- Each question has hints that you may use when you are stuck on a problem. Marks are deducted on hints usage, but your submission will still be considered for a Geek Bit.
- Viewing the full solution and then submitting the answer will not earn you any Geek Bit.
- The 24 hours allotted to complete the problem will be according to Indian Standard Time and start at midnight each day.
Okay, so now, let’s understand the Geek Nomenclature to know how can you avail the prizes and rewards:
- First and foremost, solving one problem will earn you one Geek Bit.
- If you successfully solve problems for 8 consecutive days you will get 8 additional Geek Bits.
- You must have over 50 Geek Bits to be eligible for redeeming prizes.
Once you’ll collect a minimum of 50 Geeks Bits, the redeem prize option will automatically pop up on your screen and then you’ll be able to redeem the preferred prize of your choice!
And yes, do encourage others also to solve POD by sharing today’s problem on Twitter. Tag @geeksforgeeks and stand a chance to win surprise rewards!!
Moreover, to prepare for the GeeksforGeeks ‘Problem Of The Day’ challenge – you can use various worthwhile learning resources available to you on the GFG website:
- Data Structures and Algorithms – Self Paced Course
- Complete Interview Preparation – With Doubt Assistance
- Data Structures and Algorithms Tutorials
- Must-Do Coding Questions for Companies like Amazon, Microsoft, Adobe, etc.
To check out the solutions of the ‘Problem Of The Day’ challenge – you can head to our GFG Practice Youtube Channel where we are live-streaming video editorials and also taking doubts for each POD on the next day at 3 PM.
You can easily get started with the ‘Problem Of The Day’ challenge – all you need to do is visit the GeeksforGeeks Practice Portal and there you’ll find the ‘Problem Of The Day’ challenge link. After clicking on this particular link, you’ll be redirected to a new page where you’ll find all the problems, and you can start to solve the problem by clicking on the ‘Solve Problem’ button. So, without giving a second thought – be a part of this ‘Problem Of The Day’ challenge and solve 1 problem each day to develop the habit of coding in yourself!!