A person starts walking from position X = 0, find the probability to reach exactly on X = N if she can only take either 2 steps or 3 steps. Probability for step length 2 is given i.e. P, probability for step length 3 is 1 – P.
Input : N = 5, P = 0.20 Output : 0.32 Explanation :- There are two ways to reach 5. 2+3 with probability = 0.2 * 0.8 = 0.16 3+2 with probability = 0.8 * 0.2 = 0.16 So, total probability = 0.32.
Below is the implementation of the above approach.
- Find the probability of reaching all points after N moves from point N
- Reaching a point using clockwise or anticlockwise movements
- Minimum time to reach a point with +t and -t moves at time t
- Minimum steps to come back to starting point in a circular tour
- Finding the probability of a state at a given time in a Markov chain | Set 2
- Find the probability of a state at a given time in a Markov chain | Set 1
- Reflection of a point at 180 degree rotation of another point
- Rotation of a point about another point in C++
- Check if it is possible to move from (0, 0) to (x, y) in N steps
- Find the number of stair steps
- Minimum steps to minimize n as per given condition
- Minimum steps to reach a destination
- Number of steps to convert to prime factors
- Number of odd and even results for every value of x in range [min, max] after performing N steps
- Minimum steps to reach target by a Knight | Set 2
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : Mithun Kumar