PrintWriter format(Locale, String, Object) method in Java with Examples
The format(Locale, String, Object) method of PrintWriter Class in Java is used to print a formatted string in the stream using the given Locale. The string is formatted using specified format and arguments passed as the parameter.
public PrintWriter format(Locale locale, String format, Object…args)
Parameters: This method accepts two mandatory parameter:
- locale which is the locale value to be applied on the this method
- format which is the format according to which the String is to be formatted.
- args which is the number of arguments for the formatted string. It can be optional, i.e. no arguments or any number of arguments according to the format.
Return Value: This method returns this PrintWriter instance.
Exception: This method throws following exceptions:
- NullPointerException This is thrown if the format is null.
- IllegalFormatException This is thrown if the format specified is illegal or there are insufficient arguments.
Below methods illustrates the working of format(Locale, String, Object) method:
A Computer Science Portal GFG, GFG and GeeksforGeeks
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important Java Foundation and Collections concepts with the Fundamentals of Java and Java Collections Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course.