Given a positive integer N, the task is to print the Upper Hessenberg matrix of order N which includes any one-digit random positive integer as its non-zero elements.
Upper Hessenberg matrix is a square matrix in which all of its elements below the sub-diagonal are zero. In mathematical term mat[i][j] = 0 for all i > j + 1.
Input: N = 3
1 2 8
1 3 4
0 3 4
Input: N = 4
1 2 2 3
1 3 4 2
0 3 4 2
0 0 1 4
Approach: For printing an upper Hessenberg matrix with one-digit positive elements print zero for all the cells of the matrix where i > j + 1 and any single-digit random number with help of rand() function.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
3 6 7 5 3 5 6 2 0 9 1 2 0 0 7 0
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Minimum number of steps to convert a given matrix into Upper Hessenberg matrix
- Print Lower Hessenberg matrix of order N
- Minimum steps required to convert the matrix into lower hessenberg matrix
- Maximize sum of N X N upper left sub-matrix from given 2N X 2N matrix
- Program to print Lower triangular and Upper triangular matrix of an array
- Program to swap upper diagonal elements with lower diagonal elements of matrix.
- Program to check if matrix is upper triangular
- Sorting rows of matrix in ascending order followed by columns in descending order
- Sorting rows of matrix in descending order followed by columns in ascending order
- Sum of upper triangle and lower triangle
- Find trace of matrix formed by adding Row-major and Column-major order of same matrix
- Print all elements in sorted order from row and column wise sorted matrix
- heapq in Python to print all elements in sorted order from row and column wise sorted matrix
- Print the Vowels in the Order of their occurrence in the given Matrix
- In-place convert matrix in specific order
- Sum of both diagonals of a spiral odd-order square matrix
- Sort a Matrix in all way increasing order
- Find a Symmetric matrix of order N that contain integers from 0 to N-1 and main diagonal should contain only 0's
- Search in a sorted 2D matrix (Stored in row major order)
- Sort Matrix in alternating ascending and descending order rowwise
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.