Given a Binary tree and a sum S, print all the paths, starting from root, that sums upto the given sum.
Note that this problem is different from root to leaf paths. Here path doesn’t need to end on a leaf node.
Input : Input : sum = 8, Root of tree 1 / \ 20 3 / \ 4 15 / \ / \ 6 7 8 9 Output : Path: 1 3 4 Input : sum = 38, Root of tree 10 / \ 28 13 / \ 14 15 / \ / \ 21 22 23 24 Output : Path found: 10 28 Path found: 10 13 15
For this problem, preorder traversal is best suited as we have to add up a key value as we land on that node.
We start from the root and start traversing by preorder traversal, adding key value to the sum_so_far and checking whether it is equal to the required sum.
Also, as tree node doesn’t have a pointer pointing to its parent, we have to explicitly save from where we have moved. We use a vector path to store the path for this.
Every node in this path contributes to the sum_so_far.
Path found: 10 28 Path found: 10 13 15
This article is contributed by Shubham Gupta. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Given a binary tree, print out all of its root-to-leaf paths one per line.
- Given a binary tree, print all root-to-leaf paths
- Root to leaf paths having equal lengths in a Binary Tree
- Count of root to leaf paths in a Binary Tree that form an AP
- Count the number of paths from root to leaf of a Binary tree with given XOR value
- Count of root to leaf paths whose permutation is palindrome in a Binary Tree
- Count root to leaf paths having exactly K distinct nodes in a Binary Tree
- Print all root to leaf paths with there relative positions
- Print all k-sum paths in a binary tree
- Sum of all the numbers that are formed from root to leaf paths
- Print all paths of the Binary Tree with maximum element in each path greater than or equal to K
- Print all the Paths of a Binary Tree whose XOR is non-zero
- Print root to leaf paths without using recursion
- Print the path common to the two paths from the root to the two given nodes
- Print path from root to all nodes in a Complete Binary Tree
- Count all k-sum paths in a Binary Tree
- Print Palindromic Paths of Binary tree
- Find all root to leaf path sum of a Binary Tree
- Find if there is a pair in root to a leaf path with sum equals to root's data
- Print path from root to a given node in a binary tree