Given a string with duplicate characters allowed, print first n permutations of given string such that no permutation is repeated.
Input : string = "abcab", n = 10 Output : aabbc aabcb aacbb ababc abacb abbac abbca abcab abcba acabb Input : string = "okok", n = 4 Output : kkoo koko kook okko
Python provides an inbuilt method to find the permutations of any given sequence which is present in the
itertools package. But this method doesn’t provide unique permutations. Hence to ensure that any permutation is not repeated, we use a set and follow the below conditions:
- If the permutation is not present in the set, print it and insert it in the set. Increment the count of number of unique permutations.
- Else, move on to the next permutation.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
aabbc aabcb aacbb ababc abacb abbac abbca abcab abcba acabb
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Python - Itertools.Permutations()
- itertools.combinations() module in Python to print all possible combinations
- Print all distinct permutations of a given string with duplicates
- Java Program to print distinct permutations of a string
- Combinations in Python without using itertools
- Generate all binary permutations such that there are more or equal 1's than 0's before every point in all permutations
- Print distinct sorted permutations with duplicates allowed in input
- Python - Itertools.tee()
- Python Itertools
- itertools.groupby() in Python
- Python - itertools.repeat()
- Python - Itertools.takewhile()
- Python - Itertools.compress()
- Python - Itertools.dropwhile()
- Python - Itertools.cycle()
- Python - Itertools.chain()
- Python - Itertools.starmap()
- Python program to apply itertools.product to elements of a list of lists
- Python - Itertools Combinations() function
- Python - Itertools.zip_longest()
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.