Given a date, you have to print the day of the week.
Input : 2018 3 26 Output : Mon Input : 2010 8 9 Output : Wed
The idea is to use java built-in API Gregorian Calendar.
GregorianCalendar is a concrete subclass of Calendar and provides
the standard calendar system used by most of the world.
GregorianCalendar(int year, int month, int dayOfMonth) constructs a
GregorianCalendar with the given date set in the default time zone
with the default locale.
Several conditions are created to check the validity of
the input data. If an input is found to be wrong an Invalid
message will be printed as output.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important Java and Collections concepts with the Fundamentals of Java and Java Collections Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Change Gregorian Calendar to SimpleDateFormat in Java
- Find Day of Week using SimpleDateFormat class in Java
- Calendar Functions in Python | Set 1( calendar(), month(), isleap()...)
- Find day of the week for a given date
- Tomohiko Sakamoto's Algorithm- Finding the day of the week
- Python program to find day of the week for a given date
- Print calendar for a given year in C++
- Calendar.before() method in Java
- Calendar.get() Method in Java
- java.util.Calendar.after() method
- Calendar.equals() method in Java
- Calendar Class in Java with examples
- Calendar clone() Method in Java with Examples
- Calendar clear() Method in Java with Examples
- Calendar add() Method in Java with Examples
- Calendar toString() Method in Java with Examples
- Calendar compareTo() Method in Java with Examples
- Calendar complete() Method in Java with Examples
- Calendar computeTime() method in Java with Examples
- Calendar computeFields() method in Java with Examples
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.