Given a string str, the task is to print the characters in decreasing order of their frequency. If the frequency of two characters is same then sort them in descending order alphabetically.
Input: str = “geeksforgeeks”
e – 4
s – 2
k – 2
g – 2
r – 1
o – 1
f – 1
Input: str = “bbcc”
c – 2
b – 2
- Use an unordered_map to store the frequencies of all the elements of the given string.
- Find the maximum frequency element from the map, print it with its frequency and remove it from the map.
- Repeat the previous step while the map is not empty.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
e - 4 s - 2 k - 2 g - 2 r - 1 o - 1 f - 1
- Print the frequency of each character in Alphabetical order
- Print characters and their frequencies in order of occurrence
- Print characters having odd frequencies in order of occurrence
- Print characters having even frequencies in order of occurrence
- Print all distinct characters of a string in order (3 Methods)
- Print common characters of two Strings in alphabetical order
- Print characters having prime frequencies in order of occurrence
- Print characters and their frequencies in order of occurrence using Binary Tree
- Print characters and their frequencies in order of occurrence using a LinkedHashMap in Java
- Python code to print common characters of two Strings in alphabetical order
- Check if frequency of all characters can become same by one removal
- Remove even frequency characters from the string
- Program to check if all characters have even frequency
- Check if frequency of characters are in Recaman Series
- String with frequency of characters in Lucas Sequence
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.