Given a string str containing only lowercase characters. The task is to print the characters having an odd frequency in the order of their occurrence.
Note: Repeated elements with odd frequency are printed as many times they occur in order of their occurrences.
Input: str = “geeksforgeeks”
Character Frequency ‘g’ 2 ‘e’ 4 ‘k’ 2 ‘s’ 2 ‘f’ 1 ‘o’ 1 ‘r’ 1
‘f’, ‘o’ and ‘r’ are the only characters with odd frequencies.
Input: str = “elephant”
Approach: Create a frequency array to store the frequency of each of the character of the given string str. Traverse the string str again and check whether the frequency of that character is odd. If yes, then print the character.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Time Complexity: O(n)
Auxiliary Space: O(1)
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Print characters having even frequencies in order of occurrence
- Print characters having prime frequencies in order of occurrence
- Print characters and their frequencies in order of occurrence using a LinkedHashMap in Java
- Print characters and their frequencies in order of occurrence using Binary Tree
- Print characters and their frequencies in order of occurrence
- Minimize Cost to sort a String in Increasing Order of Frequencies of Characters
- Generate a Number in Decreasing order of Frequencies of characters of a given String
- Group multiple occurrence of array elements ordered by first occurrence
- Print 2-D co-ordinate points in ascending order followed by their frequencies
- Print the last occurrence of elements in array in relative order
- Print the Vowels in the Order of their occurrence in the given Matrix
- Generate a string with maximum possible alphabets with odd frequencies
- Count of subarrays of size K with elements having even frequencies
- Binary string with given frequencies of sums of consecutive pairs of characters
- Sum and Product of Prime Frequencies of Characters in a String
- XOR of Prime Frequencies of Characters in a String
- Check whether the frequencies of all the characters in a string are prime or not
- Character whose frequency is equal to the sum of frequencies of other characters of the given string
- Queries for frequencies of characters in substrings
- Sort all even numbers in ascending order and then sort all odd numbers in descending order
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.