Given an array of words, print all anagrams together ?
Input : arr = ['cat', 'dog', 'tac', 'god', 'act'] Output : 'cat tac act dog god'
This problem has existing solution please refer Anagrams and Given a sequence of words, print all anagrams together links. We will solve this problem in python using List and Dictionary data structures. Approach is very simple :
- Traverse list of strings.
- Sort each string in ascending order and consider this sorted value as Key and original value as Value of corresponding key. Check if key is not present in dictionary that means it is occurring first time,
so map a empty list to Key and append value in it, if key is already present then simple append the value.
- Now each key will contain list of strings which are anagram together.
'cat tac act dog god'
This article is contributed by Shashank Mishra (Gullu). If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Python | Pretty Print a dictionary with dictionary value
- Python | Group Anagrams from given list
- Python | Convert List of Dictionary to Tuple list
- Python program to print the dictionary in table format
- Python | List value merge in dictionary
- Python | Get dictionary keys as a list
- Python | Updating value list in dictionary
- Python - Dictionary Key's Product in list
- Python | Clearing list as dictionary value
- Difference between List and Dictionary in Python
- Python | Convert a list to dictionary
- Python - Check for Key in Dictionary Value list
- Python | Converting list string to dictionary
- Python | Convert dictionary to list of tuples
- Python | Unique dictionary filter in list
Improved By : nidhi_biet