Given an array of words, print all anagrams together ?
Input : arr = ['cat', 'dog', 'tac', 'god', 'act'] Output : 'cat tac act dog god'
This problem has existing solution please refer Anagrams and Given a sequence of words, print all anagrams together links. We will solve this problem in python using List and Dictionary data structures. Approach is very simple :
- Traverse list of strings.
- Sort each string in ascending order and consider this sorted value as Key and original value as Value of corresponding key. Check if key is not present in dictionary that means it is occuring first time,
so map a empty list to Key and append value in it, if key is already present then simple append the value.
- Now each key will contain list of strings which are anagram together.
'cat tac act dog god'
This article is contributed by Shashank Mishra (Gullu). If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Python | Get dictionary keys as a list
- Python | Removing dictionary from list of dictionaries
- Python | Convert dictionary to list of tuples
- Python | Combining values from dictionary of list
- Python | Initialize a dictionary with only keys from a list
- Python | Convert a list of Tuples into Dictionary
- Counting the frequencies in a list using dictionary in Python
- Python | Create a dictionary using list with none values
- Python | Sort the list alphabetically in a dictionary
- Python | Split dictionary of lists to list of dictionaries
- Python | Zipping two unequal length list in dictionary
- Python | Count number of items in a dictionary value that is a list
- Python | Filter dictionary key based on the values in selective list
- Python | Convert list of nested dictionary into Pandas dataframe
- Program to print all distinct elements of a given integer array in Python | Ordered Dictionary