Principal Global Services Interview Experience | Off-Campus 2021
Principal Global Services is a part of Principal Global Financial Group, a Fortune 500 company, founded in 1879 in Des Moines, Iowa, USA. PGS’s headquarter is located in Pune, India and they have one office in Hyderabad also.
Position – Trainee Analyst Software Engineer
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
Platform – eLitmus
Drive Duration – 1 Week
Round 1(Duration – 125 minutes): It was a proctored test on eLitmus, consist of three sections :
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Problem Solving
Round 2 (TR): Duration – 1hr
- I got an interview invite the next day.
- The interview started with an introduction.
- Then a detailed discussion on the project is mentioned in my Resume.
- One basic program in Java. He asked me to write code to print the repeated letters in a string on paper.
- Query to create a table in SQL.
- Tell me something about your family.
- What are your ambitions?
- When did you give the eLitmus test?
- Some questions about my hobbies and interests.
- I asked him about the operations of PGS in India.
- Overall he was a very friendly person and I was not at all nervous in front of him.
Round 3 (Puzzle Round): Next day I got invited for a puzzle round.
- This round was proctored and conducted on the eLitmus platform.
- Total 7 questions – 6 Mathematical Puzzles and 1 Scenario-based question.
- Puzzles were simple (guess next number in series type).
- Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years? (Scenario based question)
Round 4: After 1 day I got invited to the fourth round.
- It was a mixture of the technical and managerial rounds.
- Duration – 1 hr Mentioned(Mine lasted for 0.5 hr)
- Again interviewer was very friendly.
- He started with his introduction and then asked me to introduce myself.
- Again detailed discussion on the project mentioned in Resume.
- Where do we use HTML, CSS, Java, JSP and Servlets? (I have mentioned these technologies in my Resume)
- Tell me the lifecycle of a Servlet?
- How can we count the number of visitors to any website? Do you have any idea about it?
- I want to make an attendance system, in which I want to store attendance of students and in month-end, I want to show the student who attended maximum classes and also same for a student who attended minimum classes. Can you tell me how can you implement this? Tell me the simplest approach?
- I gave the example of the SQL table and told that if the student is present then we add 1 in the attendance column otherwise 0. At month end we can use MAX(SUM(Attendance)) to get students who attended maximum classes and for minimum, we can use MIN(SUM(Attendance)).
- Then he asked me a scenario-based question.
- Suppose I give you an unlimited amount of funds then what problem you would solve with that?
- I gave one example but I did not know the implementation of that solution so he told me that give me an example that you can solve by yourself.
- Then I gave an example of my branch-related problem and also gave the solution with implementation. (I am from Electrical Engineering Background)
- Then he asked Who else do you have in your family and what do they Do?
- Then he said Ok I am done, if you have any query then you can ask. I asked about technologies they give to Trainee.
- Tip: When I asked him this question, he asked me whether I have asked the same question in the first interview round? I told No, then he explained technologies. So never ask the same question in an interview.
Round 5 (HR Round): After 1hr or maybe less than 1 hr of fourth-round I got a call for the final round. HR round was scheduled for the next day.
- This round was just like a formality.
- Duration – 8 to 10 minutes
- First, he asked me to introduce myself.
- Tell me your two strengths and weaknesses.
- Then he asked whether I was comfortable in relocation or not? ( Always say Yes )
- Then he explained about training and other details related to the job.
- After 3 hours I got a selection call.
- Then after 2 days, I got an offer letter.
- The duration of the whole process was around 1 week. (excluding round 1)
- Prepare your Resume very well because they literally ask everything from your Resume.
- Round 1 was very difficult, so prepare well for that round.
All the Best!