Given an n-ary tree, print preorder traversal of it.
Preorder traversal of below tree is A B K N M J F D G E C H I L
The idea is to use stack like iterative preorder traversal of binary tree.
1) Create an empty stack to store nodes.
2) Push the root node to the stack.
3) Run a loop while the stack is not empty
….a) Pop the top node from stack.
….b) Print the popped node.
….c) Store all the children of popped node onto the stack. We must store children from right to left so that leftmost node is popped first.
4) If stack is empty then we are done.
A B K N M J F D G E C O H I L
GeeksforGeeks has prepared a complete interview preparation course with premium videos, theory, practice problems, TA support and many more features. Please refer Placement 100 for details
- Construct Full Binary Tree using its Preorder traversal and Preorder traversal of its mirror tree
- Iterative Preorder Traversal of an N-ary Tree
- Construct the full k-ary tree from its preorder traversal
- Construct a special tree from given preorder traversal
- Leaf nodes from Preorder of a Binary Search Tree (Using Recursion)
- Modify a binary tree to get preorder traversal using right pointers only
- Find n-th node in Preorder traversal of a Binary Tree
- Check if a given array can represent Preorder Traversal of Binary Search Tree
- DFS traversal of a tree using recursion
- Check if a binary tree is subtree of another binary tree using preorder traversal : Iterative
- Inorder Tree Traversal without Recursion
- Zig-Zag traversal of a Binary Tree using Recursion
- Inorder Tree Traversal without recursion and without stack!
- Postorder traversal of Binary Tree without recursion and without stack
- Inorder Non-threaded Binary Tree Traversal without Recursion or Stack
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.