Given a list of strings and a prefix value sub-string, find all strings from given list of strings which contains given value as prefix ?
Input : arr = ['geeksforgeeks', 'forgeeks', 'geeks', 'eeksfor'], prefix = 'geek' Output : ['geeksforgeeks','geeks']
A Simple approach to solve this problem is to traverse through complete list and match given prefix with each string one by one, print all strings which contains given value as prefix.
We have existing solution to solve this problem using Trie Data Structure. We can implement Trie in python using pytrie.StringTrie() module.
Create, insert, search and delete in pytrie.StringTrie() ?
- Create : trie=pytrie.StringTrie() creates a empty trie data structure.
- Insert : trie[key]=value, key is the data we want to insert in trie and value is similar to bucket which gets appended just after the last node of inserted key and this bucket contains the actual value of key inserted.
- Search : trie.values(prefix), returns list of all keys which contains given prefix.
- Delete : del trie[key], removes specified key from trie data structure.
Note : To install pytrie package use this pip install pytrie –user command from terminal in linux.
This article is contributed by Shashank Mishra (Gullu). If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Longest Common Prefix Matching | Set-6
- Longest Common Prefix using Character by Character Matching
- Longest Common Prefix using Word by Word Matching
- Pattern matching in Python with Regex
- Python - Matching Pairs of Brackets
- Python | Remove matching tuples
- Template matching using OpenCV in Python
- Python | Get matching substrings in string
- Python | Matching elements count
- Python | Summation of first N matching condition
- Python - Sum elements matching condition
- Python | Find dictionary matching value in list
- Python | Count of Matching i, j index elements
- Python | Count of elements matching particular condition
- Python | Remove first K elements matching some condition
- Feature matching using ORB algorithm in Python-OpenCV
- Python IMDbPY – Searching movies matching with keyword
- fnmatch - Unix filename pattern matching in Python
- Python | Document field detection using Template Matching
- Python | Group by matching second tuple value in list of tuples