Postman Interview Experience for SDE Intern | Off-Campus 2020
I applied for SDE Intern-2020 at Postman through its official website. On the same day, I received a link to an online coding test at Hackerrank.
Online Test: The test consisted of 17 MCQ and 3 coding questions. The MCQ were mostly based on OS, DBMS, Data Structures, and CN. The coding questions were:
- Recycling Cartridge: This can be solved using Binary Search
- It was based on the two-pointer concept.
- File Handling: This can be easily done using python.
After I gave my test I received a call from HR and I scheduled the technical interview.
Technical Interview(ZOOM): I started the interview by introducing myself and my projects. My projects were based on Deep Learning, so he asked why I had done projects only in Deep Learning.
I told him that I had some experience in Backend too.
He started asking me questions based on CN, DBMS, NodeJS, and no questions on DSA, CP.
The questions were:
- What is Nodejs?
- What is the application of Nodejs? I told him about a web based chat application.
- Asked me which tech is used for making a chat application? I told him sockets.
- What is the difference between Http and Https?
- What are TCP connections?
- What is indexing?
- How passwords are stored in the Database?
- How to make a database for Chat Application?
I answered all the questions after discussing every question. After 10 days I got a mail that I won’t be considered for further rounds.
So I would like to tell you that have strong knowledge of Nodejs, DBMS, CN.