Postman Interview Experience for SDE Intern | Off-Campus 2020
I applied for SDE Intern-2020 at Postman through its official website. On the same day, I received a link to an online coding test at Hackerrank.
Online Test: The test consisted of 17 MCQ and 3 coding questions. The MCQ were mostly based on OS, DBMS, Data Structures, and CN. The coding questions were:
- Recycling Cartridge: This can be solved using Binary Search
- It was based on the two-pointer concept.
- File Handling: This can be easily done using python.
After I gave my test I received a call from HR and I scheduled the technical interview.
Technical Interview(ZOOM): I started the interview by introducing myself and my projects. My projects were based on Deep Learning, so he asked why I had done projects only in Deep Learning.
I told him that I had some experience in Backend too.
He started asking me questions based on CN, DBMS, NodeJS, and no questions on DSA, CP.
The questions were:
- What is Nodejs?
- What is the application of Nodejs? I told him about a web based chat application.
- Asked me which tech is used for making a chat application? I told him sockets.
- What is the difference between Http and Https?
- What are TCP connections?
- What is indexing?
- How passwords are stored in the Database?
- How to make a database for Chat Application?
I answered all the questions after discussing every question. After 10 days I got a mail that I won’t be considered for further rounds.
So I would like to tell you that have strong knowledge of Nodejs, DBMS, CN.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon. Google , E-Litmus and Microsoft Test Serieses.