Given a one/two digit timing, calculate the possibilities of occurrence of other timings(including the glowing one) with relevant to glowing segments, assuming some segments may not be glowing.
Displaying the numbers is done using seven segment display. It is guaranteed that the sticks currently displaying are working fine..
Input : 78 Output :5 Input :05 Output :8
Example 1: 7 can be replaced by 5 different numbers 9, 3, 8, 0 and 7(if none of the segment is broken) and 8 can be replaced by only 1 number i.e 8 itself(if none of the segment is broken), therefore the answer is 5*1=5.
Example 2: 0 can be replaced by 2 numbers, 8 and 0, while 5 can be replaced by 4 different numbers. So, answer is 4*2=8.
Calculate for every number from 0–9 what all digits are possible by adding orremoving exactly one rod from the display. Store this in an array and the answer will be product of the array value of both the digits of the input.
Below is the implementation of above approach:
- Convert Unix timestamp to DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM:SS format
- How to get Day, Month and Year from Date in Java
- Program to find the time after K minutes from given time
- Count how many times the given digital clock shows identical digits
- Sort a multidimensional array by date element in PHP
- Python program to convert seconds into hours, minutes and seconds
- Python program to find day of the week for a given date
- Program for converting hours into minutes and seconds
- Python program to calculate age in year
- Python program to find number of days between two given dates
- Convert timestamp to readable date/time in PHP
- Convert String to Date in Java
- PHP | Number of week days between two dates
- PHP | Converting string to Date and DateTime
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : manishshaw1