Given a robot which can only move in four directions, UP(U), DOWN(D), LEFT(L), RIGHT(R). Given a string consisting of instructions to move. Output the coordinates of a robot after executing the instructions. Initial position of robot is at origin(0, 0).
Input : move = "UDDLRL" Output : (-1, -1) Move U : (0, 0)--(0, 1) Move D : (0, 1)--(0, 0) Move D : (0, 0)--(0, -1) Move L : (0, -1)--(-1, -1) Move R : (-1, -1)--(0, -1) Move L : (0, -1)--(-1, -1) Therefore final position after the complete movement is: (-1, -1) Input : move = "UDDLLRUUUDUURUDDUULLDRRRR" Output : (2, 3)
Approach: Count number of up movements (U), down movements (D), left movements (L) and right movements (R) as countUp, countDown, countLeft and countRight respectively. Final x-coordinate will be
(countRight – countLeft) and y-coordinate will be (countUp – countDown).
Final Position: (2, 3)
- Check if a given sequence of moves for a robot is circular or not
- Reorder the position of the words in alphabetical order
- Find letter's position in Alphabet using Bit operation
- Count of pairs of strings which differ in exactly one position
- Count characters at same position as in English alphabet
- Find position of the given number among the numbers made of 4 and 7
- InfyTQ 2019 : Find the position from where the parenthesis is not balanced
- Count strings with consonants and vowels at alternate position
- Arrangement of words without changing the relative position of vowel and consonants
- Goldman Sachs Interview for SDE1 position(One year experienced).
- Find the number of occurrences of a character upto preceding position
- Print characters having even frequencies in order of occurrence
- Compare two strings considering only alphanumeric characters
- Minimum given operations required to convert a given binary string to all 1's
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.