What is PHP?
PHP stands for Hypertext Preprocessor. PHP is a server-side, scripting language (a script-based program) and is used to develop Web applications. It can be embedded in HTML, and it’s appropriate for the creation of dynamic web pages and database applications. It’s viewed as a benevolent language with capacities to effectively interface with MySQL, Oracle, and different databases. The primary objective of PHP is to allow web developers to create dynamically generated pages rapidly.
Example of PHP code:
What is HTML?
HTML stands for Hypertext Markup Language. It helps in website creation. It has an influence on the front-end code of nearly every website on the web. The way in which content is displayed in a browser is depicted through HTML. HTML files use “tags”.
Example of HTML code:
PHP vs HTML
|Developed by Rasmus Lerdorf.||Developed by Tim Berners-Lee.|
|It is used for the development of dynamic websites and dynamic web applications.||It is used to create web pages.|
|PHP codes are dynamic.||HTML codes are static.|
|PHP is used for server-side programming which will interact with databases to retrieve information, storing, email sending, and provides content to HTML pages to display on the screen.||HTML is used for specifying colors, text formatting, aligning, etc.|
|PHP is easy to learn but not as much as HTML.||HTML is very easy to learn.|
|PHP is used for server-side development.||HTML is used for front-end development|
|PHP can’t be used in an HTML file.||HTML can be used in a PHP file.|
|Extensions of PHP are .php, .php3, .php4, .php7||Extensions of HTML are .html, .htm|
- HTML | <html> Tag
- HTML Course | Structure of an HTML Document
- HTML Course | Basics of HTML
- HTML | DOM HTML Object
- HTML | <html> xmlns Attribute
- What is the difference between <html lang="en'> and <html lang="en-US'> ?
- Inline HTML Helper - HTML Helpers in ASP.NET MVC
- How to display HTML tags as plain text using PHP
- How to create directory with HTML button and PHP ?
- How to select and upload multiple files with HTML and PHP, using HTTP POST?
- How to extract img src and alt from html using PHP?
- How to make PDF file downloadable in HTML link using PHP ?
- How to echo HTML in PHP ?
- Web Scrapping in PHP Using Simple HTML DOM Parser
- How to prevent XSS with HTML/PHP ?
- How to minify HTML code of PHP page ?
- How to fetch data from localserver database and display on HTML table using PHP ?
- How to append data in JSON file through HTML form using PHP ?
- PHP 5 vs PHP 7
- PHP | Get PHP configuration information using phpinfo()
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.