Input: txt = "THIS IS A TEST TEXT" pat = "TEST" Output: Pattern found at index 10 Input: txt = "AABAACAADAABAABA" pat = "AABA" Output: Pattern found at index 0 Pattern found at index 9 Pattern found at index 12
The Naive String Matching algorithm slides the pattern one by one. After each slide, it one by one checks characters at the current shift and if all characters match then prints the match.
Like the Naive Algorithm, Rabin-Karp algorithm also slides the pattern one by one. But unlike the Naive algorithm, Rabin Karp algorithm matches the hash value of the pattern with the hash value of current substring of text, and if the hash values match then only it starts matching individual characters. So Rabin Karp algorithm needs to calculate hash values for following strings.
1) Pattern itself.
2) All the substrings of text of length m.
Pattern found at index 0 Pattern found at index 10
Please refer complete article on Rabin-Karp Algorithm for Pattern Searching for more details!
- Program to remove empty array elements in PHP
- Program to Insert new item in array on any position in PHP
- PHP Program for Naive algorithm for Pattern Searching
- PHP Program to print all permutations of a given string
- PHP Program for Median of two sorted arrays of same size
- PHP Program for Subset Sum Problem | DP-25
- PHP Program for Largest Sum Contiguous Subarray
- PHP Program for Minimum number of jumps to reach end
- PHP Program for Cutting a Rod | DP-13
- PHP Program for Longest Palindromic Subsequence | DP-12
- PHP Program for Egg Dropping Puzzle | DP-11
- PHP Program to Count set bits in an integer
- PHP Program to Find the Number Occurring Odd Number of Times
- PHP Program to Count number of binary strings without consecutive 1's
- PHP Program for Count ways to reach the n\'th stair