Given an array of elements. We need to find the Standard Deviation of the elements of the array in PHP.
Input : array(2, 3, 5, 6, 7) Output : 1.5620499351813 Input : array(1, 2, 3, 4, 5) Output : 1
The following problem can be solved using the PHP inbuilt functions. The inbuilt functions used to solve the above problem are as such:
- array_sum(): The function returns the sum of all the elements of an array.
- count(): This function gives the number of elements currently present in the given array.
- sqrt(): The function returns the square root of the given number.
To calculate the standard deviation, we have to first calculate the variance. The variance can be calculated as the sum of squares of differences between all numbers and means. Finally to get the standard deviation we will use the formula, √(variance/no_of_elements).
Below is the implementation in PHP to calculate the standard deviation:
- PHP | Sort array of strings in natural and standard orders
- PHP program to find the maximum and the minimum in array
- PHP program to find missing element(s) from an array
- D3.js | d3.deviation() function
- Program to find sum of 1 + x/2! + x^2/3! +...+x^n/(n+1)!
- Program to find the Nth Harmonic Number
- Program to find the Nth term of series 5, 10, 17, 26, 37, 50, 65, 82, ...
- Program to find the Nth term of series 0, 4, 14, 30, 51, 80, 114, 154, 200, ...
- Python program to find IP Address
- Program to find X, Y and Z intercepts of a plane
- Program to find the Hidden Number
- PHP program to find the length of the last word in string
- Program to find the Volume of an irregular tetrahedron
- Program to find the smallest element among three elements
- Program to find the number of days between two dates in PHP
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.