We are given a string. We are required to write a program in PHP to find the length of the last word in the string using inbuilt functions.
We have already discussed approach of solving this problem here. This article discusses the PHP solution to the problem.
Input : "php exercises" Output : 9 Input : "geeks for geeks" Output : 5
We will mainly use these three inbuilt function in PHP to solve this problem:
- substr() Function: This inbuilt function in PHP is used to extract a part of string.
- strrpos() Function: This inbuilt function in PHP is used to find the last position of string in original or in another string. It returns the integer value corresponding to position of last occurrence of the string, also it treats uppercase and lowercase characters uniquely.
- strlen() Function: This inbuilt function in PHP is used to find the length of a string.
The idea to solve this problem using the above mentioned inbuilt function is to first find the position of last occurring space in the string using the strpos() function. After getting the position of last occurring space we can easily get the last word in the string using the substr() function and store this in a new string variable. At last, we can use the strlen() function to find the length of the last word in the string.
- What is the difference between “word-break: break-all” versus “word-wrap: break-word” in CSS ?
- How do you get the length of a string in JQuery?
- PHP | Program to check a string is a rotation of another string
- Program to generate random string in PHP
- PHP | Find the number of sub-string occurrences
- How to find sub-string between the two words using jQuery ?
- How to get the first word of a sentence in PHP?
- PHP program to find the maximum and the minimum in array
- PHP program to find the Standard Deviation of an array
- Program to find the number of days between two dates in PHP
- PHP program to find missing element(s) from an array
- CSS | word-break Property
- CSS | word-wrap Property
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.