The list() function is an inbuilt function in PHP which is used to assign array values to multiple variables at a time. This function will only work on numerical arrays. When the array is assigned to multiple values, then the first element in the array is assigned to the first variable, second to the second variable and so on, till the number of variables. The number of variables cannot exceed the length of the numerical array.
Parameter: It accepts a list of variables separated by spaces. These variables are assigned values. The first variable is mandatory.
Return Value: The function returns the assigned array to the multiple variables passed. It does not assign a value to the $variableM if m>n, where n is the length of the array.
Below programs illustrate the list() function in PHP:
Program 1: Program to demonstrate the use of list() function.
a =1 b =2 c =3 a*b*c =6
Program 2: Program to demonstrate the runtime error of list() function.
PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 4 in /home/619f1441636b952bbd400f1e9e8e3d0c.php on line 6
- AngularJs | ng-list Directive
- CSS | list-style Property
- HTML | list Attribute
- Bootstrap 4 | List Groups
- Create an unordered list without any bullets using CSS
- Use of :even and :odd pseudo-classes with list items in CSS
- CSS | list-style-type Property
- CSS | list-style-image Property
- CSS | list-style-position Property
- List group in bootstrap with examples
- How to create comma separated list from an array in PHP ?
- How to change selected value of a drop-down list using jQuery?
- How to remove indentation from an unordered list item using CSS?
- How to prevent line breaks in the list of items using CSS?
- How to get selected text from a drop-down list using jQuery?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.