The is_callable() function is an inbuilt function in PHP which is used to verify the contents of a variable can be called as a function. It can check that a simple variable contains the name of a valid function, or that an array contains a properly encoded object and function name.
bool is_callable ( $variable_name, $syntax_only, $callable_name )
Parameters: The is_callable() function accepts three parameters as shown in above syntax and are described below. It depends on user to use how many parameters one, two or three.
- $variable_name: The name of a function stored in a string variable $variable_name, or an object and the name of a method within the object.
- $syntax_only: If set to TRUE the function only verifies that name might be a function or method. It will reject simple variables that are not strings, or an array that does not have a valid structure to be used as a callback. The valid ones are supposed to have only 2 entries, the first of which is an object or a string, and the second a string.
- $callable_name: Receives the callable name. This option only implemented for classes.
Return value: This function returns a boolean type value. It returns TRUE if $variable_name is callable, FALSE otherwise.
Below program illustrate the is_callable() function in PHP:
Program 1: Simple variable contains a function
bool(true) Function_xyz bool(true)
Program 2: Array contains a method
- PHP | ReflectionParameter isCallable() Function
- How to get the function name inside a function in PHP ?
- D3.js | d3.rgb() Function
- D3.js | d3.map.set() Function
- PHP | cos( ) Function
- CSS | rgb() Function
- PHP | tan( ) Function
- p5.js | int() function
- PHP | sin( ) Function
- PHP | Ds\Set contains() Function
- p5.js | str() function
- D3.js | d3.lab() Function
- D3.js | d3.map.get() Function
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.