The IntlChar::getPropertyValueName() function is an inbuilt function in PHP which is used to get the Unicode name for a property value. It will be according to the data present in PropertyValueAliases.txt, which is the Unicode DataBase file.
string IntlChar::getPropertyValueName( $property, $value, $nameChoice = IntlChar::LONG_PROPERTY_NAME )
Parameters: This function accepts three parameters as mentioned above and described below:
- property: It is used for the task of lookups, based on the Unicode property. It is quite similar to the IntlChar::PROPERTY_* constants. False will be returned, if it will be out of the range, or if the method isn’t compatible with the given value.
- value: For a given property, it will be a selector. False will be returned, if it will be out of the range, or if the method isn’t compatible with the given value. The range of the values will be from 0 to maximum. Apart from these, there will also be a couple of exceptions. They are:
- IntlChar::PROPERTY_CANONICAL_COMBINING_CLASS values are not at all contiguous. Also, the range will be from 0 to 240.
- IntlChar::PROPERTY_BLOCK values begin at the non-zero value IntlChar::BLOCK_CODE_BASIC_LATIN.
- nameChoice: To see which names to get, it will be a selector for that. False will be returned, if it will be out of the range, or if the method isn’t compatible with the given value. Mostly all the values will be long ones. Some might be having short names, but others will not. For additional names, Unicode will allow. If it is present, they will be returned by adding 1, 2, 3, etc to IntlChar::LONG_PROPERTY_NAME.
Return Values: If either the nameChoice or the property is totally out of the range then False will be returned. Otherwise, the name is going to be returned. If a nameChoice will be given, then it returns False. If False is returned for IntlChar::SHORT_PROPERTY_NAME, then IntlChar::LONG_PROPERTY_NAME (and higher) may still return a non-False value.
string(21) "Right_To_Left_Isolate" string(2) "Lo" bool(false) bool(false)
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.