PHP | IntlChar enumCharNames() Function
The IntlChar::enumCharNames() function is an inbuilt function in PHP which is used to give a catalog of all the assigned Unicode characters that are available within a range. The list will have the Unicode characters that are available between the start code points (start inclusive) and the limit code points (limit exclusive). A function is going to be called for each and the code point value will be passed on along with the character name. Those who are different from the new & modern names, only those will get cataloged, for Unicode 1.0 names.
void IntlChar::enumCharNames( $start, $limit, $callback, $nameChoice = IntlChar::UNICODE_CHAR_NAME )
Parameters: This function accepts four parameters as mentioned and described below:
- start: This parameter holds the first code point in the enumeration range.
- limit: This parameter holds the one more then the last point in the range.
- callback: For each character name the function that is supposed to be called. This function accepts three parameters which are listed below:
- $codepoint: It holds the value of numeric code point.
- $nameChoice: It holds the value of nameChoice.
- $name: It holds the name of the character.
- nameChoice: The kinds of name, that has to be enumerated. It could be any of these five given constants:
- IntlChar::UNICODE_CHAR_NAME (the default constant)
Return Values: This function does not return any value.
Below program illustrates the IntlChar::enumCharNames() function in PHP:
U+2700 BLACK SAFETY SCISSORS U+2701 UPPER BLADE SCISSORS U+2702 BLACK SCISSORS U+2703 LOWER BLADE SCISSORS U+2704 WHITE SCISSORS U+2705 WHITE HEAVY CHECK MARK U+2706 TELEPHONE LOCATION SIGN U+2707 TAPE DRIVE U+2708 AIRPLANE U+2709 ENVELOPE U+270a RAISED FIST U+270b RAISED HAND U+270c VICTORY HAND U+270d WRITING HAND U+270e LOWER RIGHT PENCIL U+270f PENCIL