The imagechar() function is an inbuilt function in PHP which is used to draw a character horizontally. This function draws the first character of string in the image identified by image with its x and y-axis. The coordinate of the top-left corner is (0, 0).
bool imagechar( $image, $font, $x, $y, $c, $color )
Parameters: This function accepts six parameters as mentioned above and described below:
- $image: It is returned by one of the image creation functions, such as imagecreatetruecolor(). It is used to create size of image.
- $font: This parameter is used to set font size of character. Its value can be 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 for built-in fonts in latin2 encoding. The higher numbers represents the larger fonts and small number represent small font.
- $x: This parameter is used to set x-coordinate to print character in image.
- $y: This parameter is used to set y-coordinate to print character in image.
- $c: The character which is printed.
- $color: It sets the color of image. A color identifier created by imagecolorallocate() function.
Return Value: This function returns true on success or false on failure.
Below programs illustrate the imagechar() function in PHP:
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.