The ftp_set_option() function is an inbuilt function in PHP which is used to set runtime option for existing FTP Connection.
ftp_set_option( $ftp_connection, $option, $value )
Parameter: This function accepts three parameters as mentioned above and described below:
- $ftp_connection: It is required parameter. It specifies the already existing FTP connection.
- $option: It is required parameter. It specifies the runtime option to set for existing FTP Connection.
Possible values of $option are:
- FTP_TIMEOUT_SEC: It returns the time out used for the network.
- FTP_AUTOSEEK: By default it is enabled. It returns TRUE if this option is on otherwise return FALSE.
- FTP_USEPASVADDRESS: When it set to FALSE, In response to the PASV command, PHP will ignore the IP address returned by the FTP server and instead use the IP address as a parameter of ftp_connect() function.
- $value: It is required parameter. It specifies the value of the option to in previous parameter.
- On Success: It returns TRUE i.e. option could be set.
- On failure: It returns FALSE. A Warning message is also generated.
- This function is available for PHP 4.2.0 and newer version.
- The following examples cannot be run on online IDE. So try to run in some PHP hosting server or localhost with proper ftp server name.
successfully connected to the ftp server! logged in successfully! 1 Connection closed Successfully!
- How to get the function name inside a function in PHP ?
- D3.js | d3.hsl() Function
- PHP | cos( ) Function
- PHP | sin( ) Function
- p5.js | sq() function
- p5.js | red() function
- PHP | Ds\Set xor() Function
- p5.js | cos() function
- p5.js | log() function
- p5.js | abs() function
- D3.js | d3.rgb() Function
- D3.js | d3.lab() Function
- PHP | key() Function
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.