The ftp_mdtm() function is an inbuilt function in PHP which is used to get time when the file on FTP server was last modified.
ftp_mdtm( $ftp_connection, $file )
Parameter: This function accepts two parameters as mentioned above and described below:
- $ftp_connection: It is required parameter. It specifies the already existing FTP connection.
- $file: It is required parameter. It specifies the file or path of the file in remote server i.e. FTP server whose last modified will be retrieved.
Return Value: It returns last modified time as a UNIX timestamp on success or -1 on error.
- This function is available for PHP 4.0.0 and newer version.
- The following examples cannot be run on online IDE. So try to run in some PHP hosting server or localhost with proper ftp server name.
- This function does not works for directories. All server may not support this function.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.