The Ds\Sequence::reduce() function is an inbuilt function in PHP which is used to reduce the sequence to a single value using a callback function.
Ds\Sequence::reduce( $callback, $initial )
Parameters: This function accepts two parameters as mentioned above and described below:
- $callback: This parameter holds the function which contains the operation on the elements and store carry. This callback function contains two arguments, carry and value, where carry is the value returned by the function and value is the value of element at the current iteration.
- $initial: This parameter holds the initial value of carry, which can be NULL.
Return Value: This function returns the final value of callback function.
Below programs illustrate the Ds\Sequence::reduce() function in PHP:
Sequence Elements Ds\Vector Object (  => 1  => 2  => 3  => 4  => 5 ) Element after performing operation int(25)
Original sequence elements Ds\Vector Object (  => 10  => 20  => 30  => 40  => 50 ) Sequence after reducing to single element int(120000000)
- PHP | Ds\Map reduce() Function
- PHP | Ds\Set reduce() Function
- PHP | Ds\Vector reduce() Function
- PHP | Ds\Deque reduce() Function
- Ways To Reduce The Loading Time Of Your Website | Set 2
- Ways To Reduce The Loading Time Of Website | Set 1
- D3.js | d3.set.add() Function
- PHP | cos( ) Function
- p5.js | nfs() Function
- PHP | Ds\Map xor() Function
- p5.js | day() function
- p5.js | nfp() Function
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.