The dir() function in PHP used to find the instance of a Directory class. This function read directory, which includes the following:
- The given directory is opened.
- The two properties handle and path of dir() are available.
- The handle property can be used with other directory functions such as readdir(), rewinddir(), closedir(). The path property is set to path the directory that was opened
- Both handle and path properties have three methods: read(), rewind(), and close().
dir(string $directory, resource $context)
Parameters Used :
The dir() function accepts two parameters. They are illustrated as follows:
- $directory : It is a required parameter. It specifies the directory to be opened.
- $context : It is an optional parameter. It contains references to all modules in the
directory that can be required with a request matching the regular expression.
Return Value :
The above function will return an instance of the Directory class on success. Otherwise will return FALSE on Failure.
- The order in which directory entries are returned by the read method is system-dependent.
- This function defines the internal class Directory, meaning that we will not be able to define our own classes with that name.
Below is the implementation of above explained function :
Handle: Resource id #3 Path: /storage/ssd2/630/2687630/public_html filename: . filename: .. filename: bookkart filename: index.php filename: upload.html filename: hello.html filename: file-upload-manager.php filename: tmp.php filename: raj.php filename: gfgchecking filename: gfg.txt
Reference : http://php.net/manual/en/function.dir.php
- Copy the entire contents of a directory to another directory in PHP
- How to Zip a directory in PHP?
- Comparison between static and instance method in PHP
- AWS EC2 Instance Setup with Apache Server
- How to count files in a directory using PHP?
- How to copy a file from one directory to another using PHP ?
- Laravel | Directory Structure
- How to include() all PHP files from a directory ?
- How to create directory with HTML button and PHP ?
- How to recursively delete a directory and its entire contents (files + sub dirs) in PHP?
- How to create To-Do List using jQuery?
- Ways to capture the backspace and delete on the onkeydown event
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.