The compact() function is an inbuilt function in PHP and it is used to create an array using variables. This function is opposite of extract() function. It creates an associative array whose keys are variable names and their corresponding values are array values.
array compact("variable 1", "variable 2"...)
Parameters: This function accepts a variable number of arguments separated by comma operator (‘,’). These arguments are of string data type and specify the name of variables which we want to use to create the array. We can also pass an array as an argument to this function, in that case, all of the elements in the array passed as a parameter will be added to the output array.
Return Value: This function returns an array with all the variables added to it.
Note: Any string passed as a parameter which does not match with a valid variable name will be skipped and will not be added to the array.
Input : $AS="ASSAM", $OR="ORISSA", $KR="KERELA" compact("AS", "OR", "KR"); Output : Array ( [AS] => ASSAM [OR] => ORISSA [KR] => KERELA )
Below program illustrate the working of compact() function in PHP:
Array ( [AS] => ASSAM [OR] => ORISSA [KR] => KERELA )
Array ( [username] => max [password] => many [age] => 31 )
- Underscore.js | _.compact() with Examples
- HTML | <ol> compact Attribute
- HTML | <ul> compact Attribute
- HTML | DOM ul compact Property
- HTML | <dir> compact Attribute
- HTML | DOM ol compact Property
- How to get the function name inside a function in PHP ?
- PHP | Ds\Map first() Function
- PHP Ds\Map sum() Function
- PHP | pos() Function
- PHP | dir() Function
- D3.js | d3.sum() function
- PHP | Ds\Set first() Function
- PHP | key() Function
- PHP | Ds\Set last() Function
- CSS | hsl() Function
- PHP | Ds\Set contains() Function
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : Akanksha_Rai